PRIMED Privacy Statement
PRIMED Medical Products Inc. (“PRIMED”), on our own behalf and on behalf of all PRIMED affiliates, is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its customers’ personal information. PRIMED is also committed to complying with the privacy legislation that governs the collection, use, disclosure, storage, and ultimate disposition of its customers’ personal information in ways that safeguard the privacy of its customers.
Why we collect, use and disclose your personal information
Personal information means information about an identifiable person, such as your name, home or email address, and your credit card information. We collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to identify you, communicate with you, provide you with services and information you wish to receive and to sell you goods and services from the PRIMED shop. We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information other than for the purposes that we have identified, or for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Most of the personal information that PRIMED collects, uses and discloses is provided by you. By providing PRIMED with your personal information, you consent to PRIMED’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this policy. In this way, your consent to our collection, use and disclosure as set out in this policy or as required or authorized by law is also implied. Customers are considered to have given implied consent when PRIMED’s purpose for collecting, using or disclosing personal information would be considered obvious and the customer voluntarily provides their personal information for that obvious purpose. You may withdraw your consent at any time, but not where the withdrawal of your consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation, and in many cases such withdrawal may well result in a reduction of services available to you.
What we collect, use and disclose
We collect your personal information when you:
- buy goods or services from the PRIMED shop (your name, contact information, and credit card information, but note that we do not retain your credit card information); and
- any other communications with PRIMED (your name, contact information, and the personal information you provide in that communication).
When you visit the PRIMED website, we also collect information about the computer on which you access the web site including: your IP address, the type of operating system and the browser you use, the pages you visit on the PRIMED site, and the links you click on the PRIMED site. We collect this information to facilitate the operation and security of our website. This information is collected in the system logs for a limited time and for review only if required. Only system administrators or persons provided with access for the purpose of web development can log into our protected website to see the logs, which are only available for a limited time.
We also have an extension (that is, a third-party cookie) for Google Analytics that collects additional details such as the type of device used and, if “location services” are enabled, its location. If you have a Google account, these cookies may also store some of your personal information that you agreed to when signing up for one of Google’s services.
PRIMED will only collect, use and disclose personal information that is necessary to fulfill the purposes identified in this policy, unless we receive further consent, and only in a manner that is consistent with the privacy legislation. PRIMED will only collect, use and disclose personal information as authorized or required by law. We will not sell or rent your personal information without your consent.
Disclosure outside of PRIMED
PRIMED will not disclose your personal information without your permission unless we have advised you previously or we are required or authorized by law to do so. For example:
- If you post any comments to our website, we provide the public with your name.
- If you register for any online video call, conference or instruction offered by PRIMED some or all of the personal information you provide on your introduction to the call may be sent to the relevant participants.
- If you attend an online video meeting for or with PRIMED or register for any online video instruction offered by PRIMED, our online video service provider is Microsoft Teams ; your participation in the relevant meeting or instruction will be subject to Microsoft’s privacy and security practices and policies. Details of Microsoft can be viewed at https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software.
- Our third party developer, PixelPress, and a limited number of PRIMED employees have administrative access to our website to fix bugs, to optimize the website performance, or to continue to develop new software applications to work for or with the PRIMED website. Details of Developer’s can be viewed at https://pixelpress.co/privacy/.
Much of the personal information that PRIMED holds is stored on our website hosted on servers owned and managed by PRIMED.
Disclosure within PRIMED
Within PRIMED, some of your personal information is used and disclosed. For example:
- If you have a question for PRIMED, the personal information contained in your question (for example, your name and email address) may be forwarded to an appropriate PRIMED person for response. We ask that you not provide us with any medical information about yourself or anyone else to us.
Access to your personal information
PRIMED will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete. You may ask PRIMED to correct your personal information by contacting WHO [Note to PRIMED: insert link]. If PRIMED is satisfied that your request for correction is reasonable, we will make those corrections. If PRIMED does not agree with your request for correction, we will note the requested correction on copies of the personal information under our custody or control.
Security of your personal information
We employ appropriate security measures and ensure that only authorized individuals will have access to your personal information.
Retention and destruction of your personal information
We will keep your personal information only for as long as it is required, but where your personal information is used to make a purchase, your personal information will be kept for at least two years after that purchase is made. When your personal information is no longer required, PRIMED will destroy it in a confidential, secure manner.
There are rules about how PRIMED may collect, use, disclose, retain, and dispose of your personal information. Depending on where you live in Canada, and whether the personal information at issue has crossed provincial boundaries, different pieces of legislation could apply. Generally, the federal legislation applies to information that crosses provincial boundaries, or where the province at issue does not have privacy legislation that has been declared to be “substantially similar” to the federal legislation. The privacy legislation in B.C., Alberta and Quebec has been declared “substantially similar” and applies to personal information that is collected, used, disclosed, retained and destroyed within those provinces. Other provinces may also have their own private sector privacy legislation that has not been declared substantially similar.
Questions about PRIMED’s handling of your personal information should be sent to [email protected] . PRIMED will inform individuals who provide comments, make enquiries or lodge complaints about PRIMED’s enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, PRIMED will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending PRIMED’s policies and practices.