Position Title: Production Supervisor (Afternoons)
Position Type: Full-time, permanent, salary
Shift: Afternoon (3:00 pm to 11:30 pm)
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
PRIMED Medical Products Manufacturing Ltd.’s (“PRIMED Cambridge”) Production team is dedicated to the manufacturing of the highest quality medical devices that deliver on our mission: to protect people from harmful substances and infectious disease. This includes responsibility over all aspects of the product from raw material to finished goods while adhering to safety protocols, manufacturing best practices, and PRIMED’s Quality Management System.
The Production Supervisor is detail oriented, focused and takes pride in the work completed in a fast-paced, high speed environment. As part of the manufacturing process, the Production Supervisor is hands on and leads the Shift Lead, Machine Setters and Production Line Operators team to ensure seamless production at peak efficiency. The role will require knowledge and hands on setup, loading, and operation of the line machine with the established QMS procedures and guidelines. This experience will allow the Supervisor to coach and train new employees as new lines come online. Motivated by leading a team of high performers, they are commitment to high quality with minimal wasted materials.
The Production Supervisor will report to the Plant Manager. Communication with fellow team members, warehouse team, and mechanics will ensure continuous production of the correct product at the correct specifications. Close collaboration with the Buyer/Planner/Schedule and materials handler will assist with efficient production.
The following is a list of the high-level activities or deliverables with the goal to maximize production and reduce waste to the manufacturing line through process efficiencies:
- Perform startup activities to ensure proper machine startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Plan daily and weekly production activities and assist with production and make necessary modifications, communicating changes and expectations to Shift Lead and Line Setter team
- Set schedule of Shift Leads, Machine Setters and Production Line Operators
- Establish production standards and track key performance indicators and OEE.
- Ensure safety, quality and operating procedures are understood and followed.
- Coordinate investigations into accidents and related activities
- Delegate tasks effectively to shift lead, quality, maintenance, warehouse and line setting teams at times.
- Act as a liaison for the facility during the off shifts.
- Ensure excellent internal communication and how to deal with people effectively. Being attentive to needs and concerns of team members and other teams is needed.
- Train new employees on how to operate the production machine based on established Quality Management System requirements and Work Instructions
- Train new employees on how to operate and monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimize unplanned stops
- Check and monitor the quality of the product as it moves through the production process in accordance with the requirements of the specifications
- Understand, continuously monitor and improve the entire production line safety, quality and efficiencies
- Communicate with and support other team members to ensure continuous production at high quality levels with minimal waste
- Regularly inspect and perform 5S audits of work environment
- Identify and report out on variances in issued materials
- Complete good document practice audits on all paperwork submitted by teams and compose documents into a device history record at the end of each order.
- Assist and support Warehouse function, as needed
- Follow and enforce all plant rules and safety regulations
- Support Plant Manager with special projects and work flow improvements, as required.
Attention is shifted from one job task to another frequently during the day. This is a hands-on role; therefore, time and priority management abilities in addition to excellent communication skills are essential. Other conditions and requirements of the role include:
- Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Repetitive tasks and standing or sitting in one spot for extended periods of time
- Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied including ASTM rated face mask, hearing protection, supplied including lab coat, hearing protection, PRIMED face masks, beard nets (if required), hair nets and gloves.
- Safety shoes will also be required with an annual reimbursement up to $100.00 provided.
- Lifting, dumping and stacking 10-40 lbs of raw material rolls
- Ability to read English, Work Instructions, Manuals, specifications and other documents
- Experience as a machine operator in a fast-paced environment is an asset
- Work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
Given the critical role this individual will be expected to play in delivering on PRIMED’s mission, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following core competencies, experience and attributes:
- 4 or more years of demonstrated team leadership, coordination, and planning experience
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills as manufacturing increases
- Leadership and people management experience and skill set
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, procedures, correspondence, and complete all types of documentation and forms
- Fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 per PRIMED’s Vaccination Policy
- Excellent organizational and job planning capabilities
- Attention to detail and ability to find defects in product streams
- Previous experience in an ISO 13485 or GMP basics are an asset
- Ability to work in a start up like environment with growth and evolution on the horizon.
Hours of Work
The Production Supervisor position is a permanent, full-time, salaried position with typical working hours being Monday to Friday, Day shift, 6:45am – 3:15pm; Afternoon shift, 3:00pm – 11:30pm; Night shift, 11:00pm – 7:30am. At times, it will be necessary for the Production Supervisor to come in during the afternoon or night shift but will be discussed and agreed upon in advance. Some overtime may be required and will be discussed and agreed upon in advance.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the webform to the right.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, responses to applicants may be delayed. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization