Position Title: Certified Quality Engineer
Position Type: Permanent Full time
Location: Cambridge, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Parent company PRIMED Medical Products Inc. (“PRIMED”) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of single-use medical products to customers worldwide. PRIMED is proud to be an ISO 13485:2016 registered company and recognized as one of Canada’s 100 Best Managed Companies. The company has its corporate head office in Edmonton, international operations, four wholly-owned manufacturing facilities in Asia, and our newest facility in Cambridge, Ontario. PRIMED Cambridge joins the organization as the domestic production hub and Centre of Excellence for North American personal protective equipment production.
Your day to day:
- Ensures that all practices, procedures, and criteria at the plant meet or exceed the standards of the Plant’s QMS, ISO 13485 and Regulatory Requirements.
- This position works collaboratively with customers, corporate personnel, and plant personnel to develop and implement improvements to our quality assurance programs, procedures, and practices. The incumbent works with other plant management to ensure only the highest quality product is produced and shipped to PRIMED’s customers.
- Review feedback to identify potential product quality issues and implement effective corrective and preventive actions as required.
- Actively participates in plant’s drive for continual improvements by using Six Sigma, 5S and Lean Manufacturing expertise and tools.
Who you are:
- ASQ or CQE Certified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quality Engineering role
- Experience in gauge calibration and maintenance an asset
- Well versed in the use of all Quality Tools and statistical analysis
- Experience in a Medical Device manufacturing environment is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical/Industrial/Quality Engineering or similar disciplines is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in LEAN, Six Sigma Certification
- A self-motivated individual who is willing to learn and grow with PRIMED.
- Able to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and with creative problem-solving skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge in Excel
Collaboration, Respect, Agility, Fearlessness, and Trust
As a continued winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and Alberta’s Top Employer, you can trust we foster a flexible, functional, agile organizational culture based on our core values that we live every day. We will value you with competitive salary and benefits, career development, and paid time off.
We value diversity and respect in all the work we do. Workplace diversity and inclusion allows for innovative ideas to flourish, teams to collaborate without fear, and increases overall happiness.
PRIMED is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other creed, you are welcome here.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.