Position Title: Accounting Technician
Position Type: Full time permanent
Division: Cambridge Operations
Location: Cambridge, ON
Start Date: Immediate
Protecting 100 million people every day from harmful substances and infectious disease.
PRIMED Medical Products is looking for an Accounting Technician who is a self-starter and a team player to contribute to our Cambridge team. The Accounting Technician ensures a smooth process flow of all accounting activities and supports the Controller with administrative Accounts Payable and Receivable tasks. The Accounting Technician uses strong organizational and detail orientation skills to complete work in an effective, accurate and timely manner.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Receive invoices and process according to company standards (Ex. Print from email)
- Review invoices and code to appropriate expense account
- Prepare, match, allocate, and post invoices and bills into SAGE 300
- Prepare and process expense claim forms
- Create Vendor Change forms, as required
- Filing for Accounts Payable invoices, bills, and expense claims
- Request statement of accounts from various vendors
- Prepare and process cheque run with appropriate back-up
- Prepare electronic payments with appropriate back-up
- Maintain vendor payment tracking worksheets
- Track and maintain accounts receivable incoming remittances
- Prepare and process customer orders, picking slips and invoices
- Act as back up to the accounting team as required
- Assist with generating accounting and auditing reports
- Assist in special projects and tasks, as assigned
- Other administrative duties as required
Who you are:
- Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in accounting, or a related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting
- Previous experience with an ERP, specifically SAGE is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Collaboration, Respect, Agility, Fearlessness, and Trust
As a continued winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and Alberta’s Top Employer, you can trust we foster a flexible, functional, agile organizational culture based on our core values that we live every day. We will value you with competitive salary and benefits, career development, and paid time off.
We value diversity and respect in all the work we do. Workplace diversity and inclusion allows for innovative ideas to flourish, teams to collaborate without fear, and increases overall happiness.
PRIMED is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of your race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or any other creed, you are welcome here.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the webform to the right.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.